Application Process & Timeline
MCCS Enrollment: 2017-2018 School Year
MCCS is a Loudoun County Public School, open to all Loudoun County K-5 students. There is no cost to attend and no special tests to gain admission.
Admission of new students is based on space availability and is determined by a lottery. The lottery is open to the public and overseen by a local CPA firm. After the lottery is held, families are notified of their acceptance status. Students that are not admitted are placed on a waiting list.
First priority is given to siblings of current students. Up to 50% of the remaining available seats are filled with students from the Middleburg area (former Middleburg Elementary School Attendance Zone) and MCCS teacher’s children (Loudoun County residents only). The remaining 50% of available seats are filled with students residing in Loudoun County.
- Current MCCS Families
Parents of children currently enrolled at MCCS, are asked to indicate their Intent to Re-Enroll by April 15, 2017. MCCS uses this data to gauge how many openings the school may offer new students for the next school year.
- Siblings of Current MCCS Families
Siblings of current MCCS students receive priority enrollment and current parents are asked to complete new sibling enrollment forms by April 15, 2017.
- New Families
An information night will be held for prospective familes at MCCS on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 7:30-9:00pm.
1. Apply Online: Online applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2017, and ending at midnight April 26, 2017. Click on the “Apply Now” button at middleburgcharterschool.org.” After the April 26th application deadline, families are added to the end of the wait list.
2. Notification of Acceptance Status: The MCCS Lottery will be held Monday, May 1, 2017 at MCCS. Families will be notified by Wednesday, May 3, 2017 of acceptance or wait list status.
3. Information Night for Accepted Families: MCCS will host tours and an opportunity for families to see the school the week of May 8 and May 15, 2017. Dates TBD.
4. Families will have until May 15, 2017 to accept or decline the offer of enrollment at MCCS.
5. Register: Families of Kindergarten applicants or students not previously enrolled in an LCPS school should register at their home school. Once accepted, MCCS will have the records transferred.
To learn more about MCCS, please contact the school.